I am back into the fray with creating and joining in with the March Counterfeit Kit Challenge for 2019. Sadly, I missed out on both the January (I didn’t finish this month) and February CKC (I didn’t start), life was just too busy. Things have settled down a little and I figured if I put together a smaller kit it would be doable. So, here it is my version of the inspiration kit. The kit from Scrapbook and Cards is called ‘Blue Skies & Butterflies’. How lovely is that? Even the name makes you happy. The colours and patterns in the kit offer up loads of variety for various layout themes and the embellishments are a very versatile mixed bag of objects, text and glitz. I had a lot of fun searching through my stash and selecting papers that mimicked the original kit in either colour, motif or pattern.
Here are my papers. I didn’t have any pink check and I went with a painted pink stripe instead. My large flower paper was lacking some blue, so I added in a small floral print with a navy blue background. I didn’t have any frame print paper, I added a wire (diamond) print instead. My striped paper has a lot more white with rainbow coloured stripes. Some of my B side coloured papers have different prints to the original kit but are similar colours.
My cardstock is a lot like the original.
I added in a lot more text embellishments, I didn’t have any glitter text word Thickers or stickers. I will be using some glitter alphas to make my own words and also forge some using glitter and black cardstock and my Sizzix. I have included a few text and floral stamps and some Tim Holtz distress and oxide inks.
If you are interested in joining in with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge you can find all the details on their blog. Make sure you follow along with the design team and check out the challenges during the month of March.
- Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog: http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
- Guest Designer Susanne: https://snapsandsnippets.blogspot.com/
- Cindy: http://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com/
- Julene: http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/
- Leslie: http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/
- Lisa: http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com/
- Lori: https://loriannie670.blogspot.com/
- Tina: https://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com
- Laura: https://www.instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea/