Today’s share is my second CKC layout for this month. Once again, I started off with creating some more forgery items, this time it is some embellishments. The original inspiration kit for the April, Counterfeit Kit Challenge, was based on the March, Hipkit Club kit and had butterflies in sticker and die cut form. They were coloured either pink & green or in shades of blue. I attempted to copy these by colouring my black & white Kaisercraft butterfly paper with Copic markers and fussy cutting them out to use for embellishments on my layout.
Next, I tried my hand at forging another patterned paper. There is a lovely floral print with pink flowers and foliage and a blue background in the Hipkit inspiration kit. I couldn’t find anything similar in my stash to use as part of my kit, so decided to spend some time colouring in this brown and white Kaisercraft paper. I used a pink Copic marker for the flowers/foliage and a navy pencil for the background. It was a more difficult paper to colour and it was hard to get good coverage for the background.
I selected a range of papers to use for the layout based on colours I could see in my photo. I wasn’t sure it was going to work, some of the papers had strong designs and colours.
Forgeries finished, I got busy using some sprays on white cardstock to create the background of the layout.
After drying and ironing my background, I began to think about building up further layers in green tones. I remembered that there was a patterned paper with large green polka dots amongst the Hipkit Club kit. I decided to borrow this idea and use one of the green papers I had in my kit to make polka dots which I fixed onto my background.
Then, I focused on mounting my photo with layers of patterned papers, including the coloured in patterned paper that I had worked on earlier.
I then trimmed down the background cardstock and mounted it onto the navy and white spot paper, this created a nice frame around the edge of the layout.
After building up the layers under my photo I fixed it onto the background using double-sided tape.
Then, I began to plan out where I would place my embellishment clusters and titles. I added some cameras along the edge which I had fussy cut from some patterned paper. I fussy cut out some flowers to use as embellishments and added my hand coloured butterflies.
After adding the titles, my layout was finished, another one for the family album.